Recipe by Dee514
If you like mints, you'll like these! As an option you can substitute lemon or orange oil for the peppermint to make lemon or orange patties.
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 12 drops peppermint extract or 12 drops wintergreen oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil sugar and water together until a small amount dropped in cold water forms a soft ball (234° F on candy thermometer).
- Add flavoring,remove pan from heat and beat until mixture begins to thicken.
- Drop mixture from a spoon onto waxed paper, forming thin patties.
- Keep candy over hot water while forming patties.
- ***Youcould substitute orange or lemon oil for the peppermint if you prefer.