Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
If you happen to have a hickory tree, this recipe is for you. From the Pennsylvania Dutch chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- Line 10 x 14 inch cake pan with waxed paper and preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter or shortening and sugar until very light and fluffy.
- Add one egg at a time, alternately with 1 tablespoon flour.
- Beat at least five minutes after adding each egg.
- Continue alternating flour and eggs until all the eggs have been added.
- Add remaining flour and nuts.
- Add the brandy.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 1 1/2 hours or until cake tests done.