Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Roast chicken with vegetables.
- 1 (2 1/2-3 1/2 lb) fresh chicken
- 4 medium white potatoes or 4 medium red potatoes, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb fresh green beans
- 1 medium vidalia onions or 1 medium sweet onion, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes or 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packets sazon goya with coriander and annatto
- 1 -3 cup water
- herbs, of your choice with
- black pepper
- Remove and discard gizzards.
- Lay chicken in 13x9-inch roasting pan breast side up.
- Peel and slice potatoes into 1/4 inch thick medallions sliced in half, arrange around bird with green beans. (You can substitute or add any sliced root vegetable you like).
- Mince onion and garlic together, sprinkle on top of vegetables.
- Add chicken bouillon to vegetables and sprinkle contents of Sazon packets evenly over entire dish.
- Slowly pour water over bird, turning everything a nice shade of orange, water line should just cover vegetables add more if needed.
- Sprinkle herbs and pepper over all.
- Roast for 1 1/2 hours at 450°F.
- Check at 1 hours to baste with pan drippings. Let rest 5-10 minutes after taking out of oven.
- Potatoes will take on a wonderful shade of orange.
- Fabulous over homemade white rice or egg noodles. ENJOY!