Recipe by Tracy Schnackenbeck
This is my Swedish Great Grandmother's (Mor Mor - mother's mother)recipe. This a very good recipe for a special breakfast or can be served as dessert with lingenberries. Makes about 36 pancakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Break eggs into milk and beat until well blended.
- Sift dry ingredients together and add melted butter to them.
- Slowly add milk and egss, beat with spoon.
- After adding all the liquid, beat well until all lumps are dissolved.
- Heat skillet until hot, then add enough better to each form in skillet to cover bottoms.
- when butter begins to sizzle, pour about 2 tablespoons of batter into each form.
- Allow to fry on one side until top begins to set.
- Go around each form and loosen sides with a small spatula.
- Turn over and allow to fry until brown.
- If a large number of pancakes are to be made before serving, they can be kept hot in a 300F oven on a cookie sheet.
- Pankakes take about 3 minutes on first side and 2 minutes on second side to fry through.
- Best to keep flame on medium throughout frying period.