1/1 Photo of Moqueca De Camarao (Shrimp Stew - Brazil)
A very easy and quick shrimp dish from brazil.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons palm oil (dende)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 lbs prawns, medium size, fresh, shelled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 red cayenne pepper, fresh
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1Heat the oil, and stir fry the onion until golden brown.
- 2Add the garlic and prawns, stir fry for about 3 minutes.
- 3Add the salt, lemon juice, tomatoes, parsley, pepper, cayenne and coconut milk.
- 4Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moqueca De Camarao (Shrimp Stew - Brazil)
Serving Size: 1 (375 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 645.2
- Calories from Fat 237
- Total Fat 26.4 g
- Saturated Fat 19.7 g
- Cholesterol 285.7 mg
- Sodium 1623.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 59.9 g
- Protein 34.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red cayenne pepper