Recipe by MarraMamba
A very easy and quick shrimp dish from brazil.
Top Review by kiwidutch
We liked this.. maybe it's because shrimp have been on our menu a lot lately and there has been some stiff competition from other zaar recipes.. DH and I liked this a lot but it's not going to be in our mega favourites list. Yes we HAVE become harsh food critics. I used recipe#190959 to make the coconut milk and the resulting smell of this dish was excellent. It was just unexpected that the smell didn't translate enough to the taste as much as we expected... I did used dried coriander (cilantro) though becuase the supermarket was out of fresh.. and I WOULD like to give this recipe another go with fresh because that can often make a world of difference. Please see my Rating System.. I have given this 3 stars for now but will give this a second go with fresh coriander and if needs be will update my review. Thanks!
- 2 tablespoons palm oil (dende)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 lbs prawns, medium size, fresh, shelled and deveined
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 red cayenne pepper, fresh
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk