Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Healthy and delicious dessert. This unique recipe is from 'Trees, Earth and Torah'.
- 1 cup bulgur, finely ground
- 4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Cook bulgur in water for 30 minutes.
- Add sugar, cook additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add honey, cinnamon and 1/2 cup walnuts.
- Dust 9"x9" pan with additional cinnamon. Pour in wheat mixture.
- top with remaining 1/2 cup walnuts and a sprinkling of cinnamon.
- Cover and chill several hours.
- Cut into squares.