1/1 Photo of Moosewood Restaurant Almost Fat-Free Cornbread
mary winecoff's Note:
We are trying to cook healthier this year. This cornbread uses cooked pumpkin, squash or sweet potato puree. A 4 oz. or 41/2 oz. jar of baby food (check to make sure it is just puree) works well in this recipe. This gives the cornbread a deep golden color.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2Prepare an 8 inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- 3In a large bowl, beat the brown sugar, egg white, yogurt or buttermilk, and pumpkin until frothy.
- 4Sift the cornmeal, flour, salt and baking powder into the mixing bowl.
- 5Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just mixed.
- 6Pour the batter into the oiled pan and bake, uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moosewood Restaurant Almost Fat-Free Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.0
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.4 mg
- Sodium 319.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 5.1 g