1/2 Photos of Moosewood Pound Cake
1 hr 20 mins
pattikay in L.A.'s Note:
This is a rich and delicious pound cake from the Moosewood Cookbook. I have made this in a bundt pan or in two loaf pans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Cream together butter and sugar with an electric mixer at high speed till light and fluffy.
- 3Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- 4Sift together dry ingredients.
- 5Mix together milk and vanilla extract.
- 6Add dry and wet to butter mixture alternately, beginning and ending with dry. Mix by hand, using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, after each addition.
- 7Mix thoroughly, just enough to blend.
- 8Pour into buttered and floured tube or bundt pan (or two loaf pans). Bake 1 hour, or till toothpick inserted into center comes out dry.
- 9After the cake cools ten minutes, turn out onto a plate.
- 10Cool completely before you slice it.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moosewood Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (2120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 8013.5
- Calories from Fat 3695
- Total Fat 410.6 g
- Saturated Fat 248.9 g
- Cholesterol 2126.2 mg
- Sodium 1701.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 999.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.5 g
- Sugars 602.6 g
- Protein 101.2 g