This is a rich and delicious pound cake from the Moosewood Cookbook. I have made this in a bundt pan or in two loaf pans.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream together butter and sugar with an electric mixer at high speed till light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Mix together milk and vanilla extract.
- Add dry and wet to butter mixture alternately, beginning and ending with dry. Mix by hand, using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, after each addition.
- Mix thoroughly, just enough to blend.
- Pour into buttered and floured tube or bundt pan (or two loaf pans). Bake 1 hour, or till toothpick inserted into center comes out dry.
- After the cake cools ten minutes, turn out onto a plate.
- Cool completely before you slice it.