1/3 Photos of Moosewood Mushroom Barley Soup!
2 hrs 10 mins
I'm posting this in honor of one of my best friends mom's who first served this to me during high school...my second Jewish mother who always thought I should eat more. She used the Moosewood cookbook for many a fine dinner. Thanks Eileen!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook barley in 1 1/2 cup of the stock or water until tender (cook it right in the soup kettle).
- 2Add remaining stock or water, tamari and sherry.
- 3Saute onions and garlic in butter.
- 4When they soften, add mushrooms and 1/2 tsp salt.
- 5When all is tender add to barley, being sure to include the liquid the vegetables expressed while cooking.
- 6Give it a generous grinding of black pepper and simmer 20 minutes, covered, over the lowest possible heat.
- 7Taste to correct seasoning.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moosewood Mushroom Barley Soup!
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 151.9
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 754.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 5.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: