Recipe by Roosie
This is from the Moosewood Daily Special cookbook.
Top Review by karen in tbay
Editing my review since I have now used the dressing in a meal. I tried a small bowl with lettuce and didn't like it so cooked up 1 lb pasta and as I was adding some dressing to it, I accidentally spilt the entire amount in which turned out okay. The dressing has a subtle pesto flavor and I also added some leftover bruschetta mixture to it and ended up with a fab dish. Girls in the lunchroom said I could make money selling the awesome smells of the dish alone (results of the garlicky bruschetta) A colorful presentation of green and red.
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar or 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup spinach leaves, packed
- 1⁄4 cup basil leaves, loosely packed
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- black pepper
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree all ingredients in blender, except milk.
- While the blender is still running, slowly add the milk in a stream until dressing thickens.
- Stop the blender when the dressing thickens or the oil may seperate and the dressing will become thin.
- This will store for about a week in the frige; shake before use if it looks like it is seperating.