Found this on Moosewood Restaurant's website.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups potatoes
- 1 cup onion
- 1 cup carrot
- 1 1/2 lbs salmon, skinned and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon prepared mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herb (tarragon, thyme, or marjoram, or a mixture)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup cracker meal or 1 cup dry breadcrumbs or 1 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- olive oil (for frying)
- 6 fresh lemon wedges
- 1Chop potatoes, onions, and carrots.
- 2Place in a large covered saucepan with water to cover.
- 3Bring to a boil; then lower the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- 4Place the fish on top of the vegetables, return to a simmer, and cook for about 2 minutes, until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 5Drain in a colander.
- 6In a large bowl, mash the drained vegetables and fish with a potato masher until thoroughly mixed.
- 7Add the egg, mayonnaise, mustard, fresh lemon juice, herbs, chopped garlic, salt, pepper and ¼ cup of the cracker meal or breadcrumbs. Mix thoroughly.
- 8In a skillet or frying pan, heat about ¼ inch of oil until it sizzles. (Less oil is needed in a nonstick frying pan.)
- 9With the cracker meal or bread crumbs handy and working over a large plate, pat and shape the fish mixture into six cakes.
- 10As you finish each one, sprinkle both sides with cracker meal and carefully place it in the pan.
- 11Fry the cakes for about 4 minutes on the first side, until golden brown and crisped.
- 12Then flip the cakes and cook for 2 or 3 minutes on the other side.
- 13Drain on paper towels to absorb some of the oil.
- 14Serve with lemon wedges, or combine all of the Herbed Mayonnaise ingredients to offer, if you wish.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moosewood Dressed-Up Salmon Cakes With Herbed Mayonnaise
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.9
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 94.8 mg
- Sodium 665.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 27.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: