Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Just made this gem from the Moosewood Daily Special cookbook. Rave reviews from family and friends. Perfect for those who fear anchovies. Great springboard for tangy-dressing options. Would be wonderful on streamed cauliflower.
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes, softened (not packed in oil)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 1 teaspoon capers brine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 -3 kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- In a small bowl or ramekin, cover the sun-dried tomatoes with 1/4 cup boiling water and set aside to soak for 10 minutes. Drain and roughly chop the softened sun-dried tomatoes.
- Place all ingredients in a blender and whirl until smooth.
- Drizzle dressing on romaine lettuce and toss with optional croutons and Parmesan.
- Note: I didn't have a lemon so used 3 tablespoons of the tomato water and a couple additional capers.