Recipe by carolinajen4
This comes from Moosewood Restaurant Low-Fat Favorites. They recommend this slaw with Indian, Mexican, Middle Eastern, Spanish, or American food. That's some variety! Prepare the dressing first so the flavor has time to develop. Cooking time is chill time.
Top Review by sparkle_eyes
I wasn't that impressed with this salad. It wasn't bad, it just seemed like it was missing something. I used a green pepper instead of red and added some chopped cucumbers (because I needed to use them up). The onion flavor was really strong, but that could have been my onion and not the recipe. I probably won't make this again.
Cumin Yogurt Dressing
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat yogurt or 1⁄2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 small garlic clove, pressed
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice or 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red onion, grated
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon fresh cilantro (optional) or 1⁄2-1 teaspoon mint, minced (optional)
- 2 cups savoy cabbage or 2 cups green cabbage, finely shredded
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely chopped