1 hr 15 mins
Roxanne J.R.'s Note:
I found this recipe on Domestic Pursuits but I changed it up to my liking. This recipe is absolutely delicious! The fudge ripple recipe is from the Perfect Scoop.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, not packed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 20 miniature peanut butter cups (chopped)
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate (chopped)
- 1 -2 cup fudge, ripple (see recipe below)
fudge ripple sauce
- 1Pour half and half into small saucepan and heat, stirring occasionally, until steam rises. Remove from heat.
- 2In a separate bowl, use a whisk or electric mixer to beat egg sweetened condensed milk and sugar together.
- 3Beat in 1/2 cup of hot half and half and then stir this mixture into the saucepan with the remaining half and half.
- 4Cook over medium-low heat, stirring almost constantly. Continue until the mixture reached 170-180 degrees or is slightly thickened.
- 5Do not bring the mixture to a boil.
- 6Pour the mixture into a separate bowl and stir in the cream, milk, vanilla extract and salt.
- 7Chill the mixture for several hours (overnight is even better).
- 8You can speed up the process by placing the bowl containing the mixture in a large bowl filled with ice and water.
- 9Freeze in ice cream maker according to manufacturer's directions.
- 10Once the ice cream is done, gently fold in the Reese's Peanut Butter cup and chocolate chunks using a rubber spatula.
- 11Transfer the ice cream to a storage container, alternating layers of ice cream with general drizzles of fudge ripple. Do not mix the ice cream and the ripple, as it will become muddied.
- 12Allow ice cream to cure in freezer and attain desired hardness.
- 13RECIPE FOR FUDGE RIPPLE BELOW.
- 14Combine sugar, corn syrup, water and cocoa powder in a medium sauce pan and whisk until well-combined.
- 15Heat over medium heat. Whisk constantly until it comes to a low boil.
- 16Continue to cook for one minute, whisking constantly.
- 17Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- 18Chill thoroughly in refrigerator before using.
- 19Fudge ripple, if covered and refrigerated, can be stored for up to 2 weeks.
- 20FUDGE RIPPLE RECIPE.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moose Tracks Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 567.0
- Calories from Fat 296
- Total Fat 32.9 g
- Saturated Fat 18.8 g
- Cholesterol 95.8 mg
- Sodium 185.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 48.8 g
- Protein 9.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: