Recipe by CountryLady
Posted in response to a request. Time & servings are guestimates!
Top Review by nadia-herring
Very excellent recipe, although I didn't have beef broth on hand, so I substituted for Low Sodium Chicken Broth result was excellent. I also added egg noodles to the meat and sauce mixture, so as to have an easy one dish meal!!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs moose sirloin steak (cut in 1/2" strips)
- 1⁄2 cup flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, chopped
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Roll meat in 1/4 cup flour and salt.
- Saute garlic, onions and mushrooms in oil for 5 minutes.
- Add meat and brown.
- Remove meat, mushrooms and onions from pan.
- Add remaining flour to drippings in pan.
- Add Worcestershire and broth.
- Cook until thickened.
- Add sour cream.
- Heat until gravy simmers.
- Add cooked moose and vegetables and reheat.
- Serve over noodles or rice.