Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Posted in response to a request. Time & servings are guestimates!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs moose sirloin steak (cut in 1/2" strips)
- 1⁄2 cup flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, chopped
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- Roll meat in 1/4 cup flour and salt.
- Saute garlic, onions and mushrooms in oil for 5 minutes.
- Add meat and brown.
- Remove meat, mushrooms and onions from pan.
- Add remaining flour to drippings in pan.
- Add Worcestershire and broth.
- Cook until thickened.
- Add sour cream.
- Heat until gravy simmers.
- Add cooked moose and vegetables and reheat.
- Serve over noodles or rice.
Very excellent recipe, although I didn't have beef broth on hand, so I substituted for Low Sodium Chicken Broth result was excellent. I also added egg noodles to the meat and sauce mixture, so as to have an easy one dish meal!!
This was great! I used canned mushrooms, seasoned the flour with seasoned salt and pepper and I used beef broth made from bouillon so it was a bit on the salty side for me. Also, I would say prep time for this is more like 15 minutes or so. This was a big hit with the whole family. A definite will make again!