Prep 16 mins
Cook 30 mins
Very yummy Native American dish can replace Moose with buffalo or steak
- 1 1⁄2 lbs moose, cubed (or steak)
- 4 teaspoons soya sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked rice
- 1 cup water (or stock of your choice)
- 1 (12 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (12 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup peas
- salt and pepper
- Brown meat, onion and celery in oil in frypan. Transfer to casserole dish.
- Mix remaining 9 ingredients together in a bowl. Pour over meat and bake in a 350 oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until rice is cooked.
- Add veggies of your choice, diced small, and herbs/spices to taste. This can be cooked in Slow Cooker all day….meat is tenderer.
- Serve with bannock or baking powder bisquits.
Thank you Chef Otaktay for another easy, veratile and tastey one dish meal. My husband and sons are hunters and I am always on the look out for new recipes for game. I tried this with steak since the venison is all gone but was still very pleased with the flavor and the ease of this dish. Keep those recipes coming!