Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A somalian dessert taken from Tammy's Somali Home.com and posted for ZWT7
- 4 cups water
- 1 very ripe plantain
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- Boil the plantain in the water until the skin starts to separate from the banana.
- Peel and cut into 1/2 inch thick pieces.
- In a pan, add the plantain, cinnamon, butter, and sugar.
- Cook over medium heat until the liquid has thickened.
- Add the cardamom powder and remove from heat.