Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Cooking Light.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped canned anchovy fillet
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon spanish sweet smoked paprika
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cups torn escarole
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup vertically sliced red onion
- To prepare dressing, combine first 5 ingredients in a mortar or small bowl; grind with a pestle until mixture forms a smooth paste.
- Add vinegar and oil; stir with a whisk.
- To prepare salad, combine escarole, tomatoes, and onion in a large bowl.
- Add dressing; toss well.
Yum! Mighty tasty yet uncomplicated. Made me feel as if I were on an exotic vacation. Thank you.
The dressing made this salad. The combination of anchovy, cumin, garlic and smoked paprika was brilliant. DH and I really liked this.