Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
a heady carrot dish which brings to mind sunny middle eastern markets. I could eat this just with rice mmm
- Boil the carrots whole in lightly salted water for 8-10 minutes until just tender (or steam, if you prefer).
- While the carrots are boiling, use a pestle and mortar to mash the garlic to a paste with a pinch of salt; add the cumin seeds and pound a little more to combine.
- Stir in the honey and lemon juice.
- Drain the carrots, leave until cool enough to handle
- slice on the diagonal and tip into a salad bowl.
- Toss the dressing thoroughly with the warm carrots
- scatter over the raisins and pine nuts.
- drizzle with the olive oil.
- If you have time, allow the carrots to stand at room temperature for an hour or so, for all the flavours to come together.
- Just before serving, toss through the coriander.