a heady carrot dish which brings to mind sunny middle eastern markets. I could eat this just with rice mmm
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil the carrots whole in lightly salted water for 8-10 minutes until just tender (or steam, if you prefer).
- 2While the carrots are boiling, use a pestle and mortar to mash the garlic to a paste with a pinch of salt; add the cumin seeds and pound a little more to combine.
- 3Stir in the honey and lemon juice.
- 4Drain the carrots, leave until cool enough to handle
- 5slice on the diagonal and tip into a salad bowl.
- 6Toss the dressing thoroughly with the warm carrots
- 7scatter over the raisins and pine nuts.
- 8drizzle with the olive oil.
- 9If you have time, allow the carrots to stand at room temperature for an hour or so, for all the flavours to come together.
- 10Just before serving, toss through the coriander.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moorish Carrot Salad
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 208.8
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 175.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 16.6 g
- Protein 3.5 g