Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I had fresh tomatoes that I didn't want to throw in the trash, so instead, I started throwing things in the crockpot. This was great with shredded cheddar cheese and crumbled tortilla chips on top!
- 2 ears of fresh white corn, cut off the cob
- 1 can creamed corn
- 3 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can rotel (mild, medium "or" hot --cooks preference)
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- Add all ingredients to crockpot.
- Stir and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
- Garnish with additional sprigs of dill weed or chopped green onion.
I didn't have any 1/2 and 1/2 so I used milk and it worked just fine. This was fabulous!!! I made this again and brought some to work for the girls. Everyone loved this sooo much that I had to print out the recipe to a bunch of them! Great as a dip too if you add some cheddar cheese to it!