Chef #921886's Note:
Moonshine to make yourself
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1How to Make Moonshine at Home.
- 2Things Needed
- 7Pressure Cooker
- 8Copper Tube
- 9Vessel (to collect moonshine)
- 12Go to the market and buy 25 pounds of cornmeal, 100 pounds of sugar, 100 gallons of water and 6 ounces of yeast.
- 13Next, you will be required to collect the necessary equipments, like a few large pots, a large pressure cooker and a coiled copper pipe.
- 14Put water in the pot and place it on stove. Keep on boiling it until it reaches a rolling boil.
- 15Add cornmeal to the water. The resultant mixture will be known as mash.
- 16Keep aside the mash and let it cool down, till it is warm to the touch.
- 17Now, add sugar and yeast to the warm mash.
- 18Again, keep it aside and let it ferment for 4 to 5 days.
- 19Keep on checking the mash and when it stops bubbling, it means that it is ready. At this stage, the mash is known as sour mash or beer.
- 20Put the sour mash into the pressure cooker and keep it on fire, till it goes up to 173 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 21At this temperature, the alcohol content of the mixture will start rising to the surface.
- 22With the help of a coiled copper pipe, passed through cold water, trap vaporized alcohol in a separate vessel.
- 23As the vapors from the cooker pass through the cold copper tubing, they will slowly condense into the liquid called moonshine.
- 24Finally, filter the moonshine through charcoal, making it absolutely fit for consumption.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moonshine (Easy)
Serving Size: 1 (72679 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 36188.8
- Calories from Fat 623
- Total Fat 69.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1922.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9023.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 144.0 g
- Sugars 7565.1 g
- Protein 164.5 g