Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
In college I worked for a Korean gentleman named Moon in his seafood/oriental grocery store. He was a wonderful chef who shared this and other recipes. This is a great marinade for grilled beef and poultry, and doubles as a dip for eggrolls and a substitute for soy sauce in fried rice. The addition of chopped ginger gives a whole different sauce that is good for all the same things. You can thicken it a little with corn starch and stir fry with it too.
- 1⁄2 cup beer
- 1⁄2 cup kikkoman's soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- 3 chopped green onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Put vegetable oil in a saucepan and heat.
- Add garlic and onions and cook 1-2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to low boil.
- Allow to cook 10-15 minutes, strain and cool.