Recipe by jas kaur
I just simply adore this halwa always made on special occasions such as marriages. Posting here for safe keeping!
- 100 g split yellow lentils
- 200 g ghee
- 100 g sugar
- 1⁄2 glass water
- 10 pieces almonds (blanched n sliced)
- 5 pieces pistachios (blanched n sliced)
- 10 raisins (blanched)
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak yellow split lentils (moongdal) for two hours and then grind it into a thick paste using little water.
- Keep aside. Heat ghee in a pan and put the moongdal in it.
- Sauté on low flame till it turns golden brown and releases aroma. Remove from the flame and set inside.
- Heat water in a pan; add sugar and boil the mixture till sugar melts.
- Add this to the moong dal mixture and cook on a low flame till the dal and sugar blends well.
- Remove moongdal dal halwa from the flame and decorate it with chopped dry fruits. Serve.