Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup boiling water
- 4 large eggs
- 5 cups milk
- 3 (3 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- whipped topping
- chocolate candy bar, shaved
- Place butter in a 3 quart pan and add water; heat to boiling and stir until butter is melted.
- Add flour all at once to boiling mixture, stirring constantly until mixture leaves sides of pan and forms a ball.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Add eggs, one at a time and beat till very smooth. Batter will be thick.
- Spread in an oiled 13x9-inch baking pan and bake at 350°F for 30-40 minutes.
- Prepare pudding using only 5 cups of milk; add cream cheese and beat till smooth.
- Spread on top of cooled cake and top with additional whipped topping. (I use Cool Whip Light) and sprinkle chocolate shavings or curls on top.