Recipe by Backwoods Foodie
This is a recipe that I requested from the mother of one of my Kindergarten students about ten years ago...a fun recipe that kids love to eat!!
Top Review by Muffin Goddess
Sadly, these didn't work out for me. I really liked the combo of the cereal and the candies in these, but I think there was too much butter in the dough. As they baked, the dough was just melting and oozing off of the mix-ins, which basically stayed in a pile in the middle of the cookie puddle. The cookies crisped up a bit once they were fully baked, but they really just stayed as cookie puddles with lumps in the center. The flavor was really good, but I think the raw dough was better than the baked cookies. I'd like to try these again, but with only 1 stick of butter in the dough. I think that will solve the melting dough problem. Sorry I didn't have better luck with these as written, but thanks for posting! Made for PAC Fall 2012
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1⁄2 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal or 2 1⁄2 cups similar cereal
- 1⁄2 cup m&ms candy
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Beat butter and sugar together until smooth.
- 3. Add egg and vanilla and beat until fluffy.
- 4. Stir in flour and baking powder; mix well.
- 5. Add cereal and m&ms; stir until mixed through.
- 6. Drop by rounded teaspoonful onto un-greased cookie sheet.
- 7. Bake 9-11 minutes until golden.