Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 mins
This is a recipe that I requested from the mother of one of my Kindergarten students about ten years ago...a fun recipe that kids love to eat!!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1⁄2 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal or 2 1⁄2 cups similar cereal
- 1⁄2 cup m&ms candy
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Beat butter and sugar together until smooth.
- 3. Add egg and vanilla and beat until fluffy.
- 4. Stir in flour and baking powder; mix well.
- 5. Add cereal and m&ms; stir until mixed through.
- 6. Drop by rounded teaspoonful onto un-greased cookie sheet.
- 7. Bake 9-11 minutes until golden.
Sadly, these didn't work out for me. I really liked the combo of the cereal and the candies in these, but I think there was too much butter in the dough. As they baked, the dough was just melting and oozing off of the mix-ins, which basically stayed in a pile in the middle of the cookie puddle. The cookies crisped up a bit once they were fully baked, but they really just stayed as cookie puddles with lumps in the center. The flavor was really good, but I think the raw dough was better than the baked cookies. I'd like to try these again, but with only 1 stick of butter in the dough. I think that will solve the melting dough problem. Sorry I didn't have better luck with these as written, but thanks for posting! Made for PAC Fall 2012