Recipe by email@example.com
Courtesy of Nancy Watson, Fair Oaks, CA.
Top Review by Charlotte J
I was not sure that the amount of dough you were to bake would get done without burning. So I made my scoops about 1/4 cup size. They will not make it onto my favorite cookie list. That maybe due to the fact I've made 6 other types of cookies in the last few days. This was made for Preemie Care Center during Fall 2011 PAC
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups regular rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened dried shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix butter and brown sugar until thoroughly blended. Add eggs and vanilla, beat well. In another bowl, combine oats, flour, salt, and baking powder. Blend oat mixture with butter mixture. Stir in walnuts, coconut, and raisins.
- Pack cookie dough into an ice cream scoop (4 oz size) or 1/2 cup measuring cup. Scrape dough level with rim and empty onto lightly oiled baking sheets, spacing dough about 3 inches apart. Back at 350 degrees until cookie edges are golden brown, about 20 minutes. If using one oven, switch pans halfway through baking. Cool cookies on rack, serve or store airtight up to two days.