Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
According to "True Blueberry" by Dannenberg, Moody's Diner in Maine is famous for their blueberry muffins among other things. Here is one of their recipes. (I forgot to write sugar in my ingredients list but a reviewer caught my mistake. I got zero stars, so I wonder if the muffins turned out horrible with no sugar or if the reviewer added the sugar as specified in the directions anyway and gave the recipe a zero to reflecte my accidental omission. FYI, when I made them myself, they were very good! Note sugar is now in the ingredients list! )
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil or 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour, plus
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar, for topping
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk, plus
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup fresh raspberry
- preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- grease a standard 12-hole muffin tin.
- Sift 2 1/4 cups flour, baking powder and salt into large bowl. Set aside.
- In bowl of electric mixer, combine 2/3 cup sugar, oil and eggs. Beat on high until creamy and lemony.
- Reduce speed to low. Add milk and vanilla just til blended.
- Add sugar mixture to flour mixture. Use a wooden spoon and stir til just combined (will be lumpy).
- Toss berries with remaining 1 Tbs flour to coat, add to batter and gently fold inches.
- Fill each hole in muffin tin until almost to the top.
- Sprinkle the muffin tops with remaining 2 Tbs. sugar.
- Bake for 20- 25 minutes until light golden brown.
- Let pan cool then gently remove muffins.``.
I made these this morning to have with my omelet (as kind of a breakfast dessert). I thought the recipe was very good. I have a pic I will try to add later on. I used fresh berries, and they were yummy. I kinda suck at baking, but these worked well. I will definitely make these again. Made for CQ 2015 for LBOB's
These were good! I thought they tasted a little bland hot out of the oven, but once they cooled and sat for a few hours they were much better. For Culinary Quest.
Perfect results! I used frozen raspberries and blackberries and they turned out amazing. I topped them with a combination of crushed Golden Graham's cereal and sugar. Winner!