1/1 Photo of Moody's Blueberry-Raspberry Muffins
According to "True Blueberry" by Dannenberg, Moody's Diner in Maine is famous for their blueberry muffins among other things. Here is one of their recipes. (I forgot to write sugar in my ingredients list but a reviewer caught my mistake. I got zero stars, so I wonder if the muffins turned out horrible with no sugar or if the reviewer added the sugar as specified in the directions anyway and gave the recipe a zero to reflecte my accidental omission. FYI, when I made them myself, they were very good! Note sugar is now in the ingredients list! )
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup canola oil or 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1/4 cups flour, plus
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar, for topping
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk, plus
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberry
- 1preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2grease a standard 12-hole muffin tin.
- 3Sift 2 1/4 cups flour, baking powder and salt into large bowl. Set aside.
- 4In bowl of electric mixer, combine 2/3 cup sugar, oil and eggs. Beat on high until creamy and lemony.
- 5Reduce speed to low. Add milk and vanilla just til blended.
- 6Add sugar mixture to flour mixture. Use a wooden spoon and stir til just combined (will be lumpy).
- 7Toss berries with remaining 1 Tbs flour to coat, add to batter and gently fold inches.
- 8Fill each hole in muffin tin until almost to the top.
- 9Sprinkle the muffin tops with remaining 2 Tbs. sugar.
- 10Bake for 20- 25 minutes until light golden brown.
- 11Let pan cool then gently remove muffins.``.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moody's Blueberry-Raspberry Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1094 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.4
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 34.2 mg
- Sodium 308.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 14.2 g
- Protein 4.3 g