Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe was given to me by a friend several years ago. Sadly, I immediately misplaced it and just found it today (big grin). It is positively delicious!!! Not included in the recipe but as the photos show, you can also drizzle the top with a mixture of confectioners sugar and water.....just make it to the consistency you prefer.
- 1 unbeaten egg
- 29.58 ml molasses
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 59.16 ml butter, melted
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 236.59 ml blueberries
- 0.25 ml salt
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 354.88 ml flour
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix egg, molasses, sugar, butter and cinnamon in medium bowl.
- Add baking powder, baking soda blueberries, salt, sour cream and flour.
- Turn into greased 8 x 8 baking pan (or approximate).
- Sprinkle top with sugar.
- Cook 40 to 45 minutes.
- Recipe can be doubled and cooked in a 9 x 12 baking pan.
An unusual blueberry cake that was quick to prepare. In the recipe, photo the cake was light in color, but mine was quite dark, like gingerbread. Very good cake if you want something quick to prepare. My husband loved it!
Really liked this. I doubled it and drizzled icing on top. It got even better the next day.
very tasty cake, my girls and i liked it!! thank you for your recipe from Milan, italy!