Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Recipe source: Hot Flash Cook book
- 1⁄2 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 bay leaf
- 10 peppercorns
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed and sliced
- 10 -12 ounces arugula, stemmed and shredded (1 bunch)
- In a saucepan combine dressing ingredients (vinegar - peppercorns) and bring to a boil over medium high heat; lower heat to a simmer and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Place onion and fennel slices in individual bowls or in one bowl and pour half the dressing mixture over. Let sit for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve mounded separately on a bed of arugula.
Great simple, delicious, and tasty. I think spouse enjoyed it more since she has to watch cholesterol. A keeper.