Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is made with ground turkey. I found it on Jennie-O Turkey web site. Looks really great but I have not tried it yet. I am posting it here so I don't lose it. :)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stems discarded, caps sliced
- 2 teaspoons bottled garlic or 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons bottled ginger or 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 (1 lb) package lean ground turkey
- 1 red peppers or 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into short, thin strips
- 2 cups coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage and carrots) or 2 cups sliced napa cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄3 cup plum sauce (sweet and sour sauce can be used instead)
- 12 (8 inch) flour tortillas, fajita style, warmed
- Heat oil in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms, garlic and ginger and stir fry for about 2-3 minutes.
- Crumble ground turkey into skillet and add bell pepper. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add cole slaw mix and hoisin sauce and stir fry 5 minutes.
- Spread a thin layer of plum sauce evenly over each warmed up tortilla and top with turkey mixture. Fold bottom of tortilla up over filling, fold sides in and roll up.