Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 8 scallions, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup plum jam or 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 8 teaspoons reduced sodium ketchup
- 7 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 8 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in thin strips
- In a large bowl of water, soak the scallions until ready to cook.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, plum jam, ketchup, vinegar, and five spice powder.
- Transfer 1/2 cup of the plum jam mixture into a measuring cup and spread onto the chicken breasts.
- Set the chicken aside.
- Using the remaining mixture, spread one side of the tortillas with the plum jam mixture and set aside.
- Preheat the grill to a medium heat.
- Spray the rack--off the grill--with nonstick cooking spray.
- Grill the chicken and scallions, covered, for 3 minutes or until the scallions are cooked tuning once, for 5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the grill and grill the tortillas, jam-sides up, for 20 seconds to warm through.
- Thinly slice the chicken on the diagonal.
- Dividing evenly, place the chicken, scallions, bell peppers on the jam side of the tortillas.
- Place 2 filled tortillas on each of 4 plates and serve open face or rolled.