Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
my kids love sloppy joes but I quickly grew tired of the tradtional recipe. when I tried these Asian fusion I was so happy. I like this best made with sweet baby ray's sweet and spicy barbecue sauce
- 9.85 ml cornstarch
- 118.29 ml cold water
- 59.14 ml barbecue sauce
- 59.14 ml hoisin sauce
- 29.58 ml reduced sodium soy sauce
- 9.85 ml minced fresh ginger
- 4.92 ml minced garlic
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, sliced
- 9.85 ml canola oil
- 709.77 ml coleslaw mix
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 8 flour tortillas, warmed
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch, water, barbecue sauce, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and salt.
- in a large skillet saute onion and red pepper in oil until crisp-tender. remove from pan and set aside.
- in same skillet cook ground beef until no longer pink and then drain.
- stir sauce mixture over meat bring to a boil and cook two minutes until thickened.
- add coleslaw mix and stir.
- spoon into tortillas and top with onions and peppers.
GOOD stuff! 5 stars all the way around the table! The only changes I made: used dark soy sauce, not low sodium, omitted the salt. Added less cabbage. Also added 1 Tablespoon of Sambel Oelek for a kick. It was balanced nicely with the sweetness from the BBQ sauce & hoisin. Thanks for posting GingerlyJ!