Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
my kids love sloppy joes but I quickly grew tired of the tradtional recipe. when I tried these Asian fusion I was so happy. I like this best made with sweet baby ray's sweet and spicy barbecue sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, sliced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 8 flour tortillas, warmed
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch, water, barbecue sauce, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and salt.
- in a large skillet saute onion and red pepper in oil until crisp-tender. remove from pan and set aside.
- in same skillet cook ground beef until no longer pink and then drain.
- stir sauce mixture over meat bring to a boil and cook two minutes until thickened.
- add coleslaw mix and stir.
- spoon into tortillas and top with onions and peppers.
GOOD stuff! 5 stars all the way around the table! The only changes I made: used dark soy sauce, not low sodium, omitted the salt. Added less cabbage. Also added 1 Tablespoon of Sambel Oelek for a kick. It was balanced nicely with the sweetness from the BBQ sauce & hoisin. Thanks for posting GingerlyJ!