Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
We love this easy to make mo shu pork. I use whole wheat tortillas, low-carb style as they are thiner, more like the chinese restaurants use. I adapted this recipe from another site and perfected it to our liking.
- 453.59 g lean boneless pork loin, well trimmed,cut into 1/4 inch thick strips
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 59.14 ml minced fresh ginger
- 709.77 ml cabbage and carrot coleslaw mix (I use the one that has carrots & red cabbage in it)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced
- 946.36 ml bean sprouts
- 78.07 ml sake
- 44.37 ml hoisin sauce
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 8-10 8-inch flour tortillas
- plum sauce, for spreading on tortillas
- Heat a large skillet over high heat until very hot, ADD the first 4 ingredients and stir-fry until pork is brown and onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Mix in coleslaw, bell pepper and stir fry until bell pepper is crisp-tender, about 5 minutes, Remove from heat.
- Wrap tortillas in foil and place in a Preheated 350 degree oven for 8 minutes to warm (I use the pan for tortillas and warm in microwave).
- Return stir-fry to high heat and add bean sprouts, sake, hoisin and soy sauce; stir-fry until bean sprouts are tender crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Remove tortillas from oven, I let everyone fix ther own, Place tortilla on plate, spread with a small amount of plum sauce, Place some of the stir-fry over plun sauce and wrap up, Enjoy.
I have made this several times and didn't realize I have not given a review. This was very, very good! I too, left out the ginger, because I didn't have it and didn't want to make a special trip, but did everything else the same. I love moo shu and was thrilled to find your recipe. Thanks Barb!!
I made this without the ginger by mistake, but it still tasted great. I had filling left over after stuffing the tortillas (I only had 6" ones on hand so I used those). I had the extra filling just as-is and that was great, too. A nice informal supper, easy to put together. Another winner, Barb!
Great recipe, awesome taste and very easy to make. Enjoyed this very much and will be making it again, maybe trying it with chicken as well