Sounds cool, right? I loved the name, though I havent had a chance to try it yet, especially after the great stuff I heard after making mango chicken. Arggh :) Anyways, hope u enjoy it! It is from the "Weekend" magazine. It is said to be a great "busy" family dinner. Its easy, fast, fun and the flavours are great. You can substitute all or half of the chicken with tofu(bean curd). Serve this with steamed broccoli and brown rice for a filling delicious dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 400 g chicken breasts, cut into thick strips
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil (unnecessary with non-stick frying pan) (optional)
- 400 g green cabbage, thinly sliced (You can buy the chopped cabbage and carrot to save time)
- 3/4 cup carrot, peeled and shredded
- 250 g mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger (use more if you like)
- 64 inches flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 (12 ounce) jar hoisin sauce
- 1Slice chicken into thin strips.
- 2In a medium bowl, combine marinade ingredients and add chicken, tossing to coat.
- 3Cover and marinate in refrigerator for 15-30 minutes.
- 4Remove chicken from refrigerator and discard marinade.
- 5Heat wok and add peanut oil.
- 6Add chicken and stir-fry until it turns white- for about 5 minutes.
- 7Add mushrooms and ginger.
- 8Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- 9Add cabbage, carrots and green onions.
- 10Stir for 2 minutes and remove from heat.
- 11To serve, spread one side of each tortilla with 2 tsps.
- 12of Hoi sin sauce, spoon 1/2 cup chicken mixture in centre of each tortilla.
- 13Fold bottom-up and serve.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moo Shu Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (522 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 813.3
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 66.5 mg
- Sodium 2702.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 110.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.2 g
- Sugars 33.7 g
- Protein 37.7 g