Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Sounds cool, right? I loved the name, though I havent had a chance to try it yet, especially after the great stuff I heard after making mango chicken. Arggh :) Anyways, hope u enjoy it! It is from the "Weekend" magazine. It is said to be a great "busy" family dinner. Its easy, fast, fun and the flavours are great. You can substitute all or half of the chicken with tofu(bean curd). Serve this with steamed broccoli and brown rice for a filling delicious dinner.
- 400 g chicken breasts, cut into thick strips
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil (unnecessary with non-stick frying pan) (optional)
- 400 g green cabbage, thinly sliced (You can buy the chopped cabbage and carrot to save time)
- 3⁄4 cup carrot, peeled and shredded
- 250 g mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger (use more if you like)
- 64 inches flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 (12 ounce) jar hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, reduced sodium is fine
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil (olive oil works fine too)
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Slice chicken into thin strips.
- In a medium bowl, combine marinade ingredients and add chicken, tossing to coat.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator for 15-30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator and discard marinade.
- Heat wok and add peanut oil.
- Add chicken and stir-fry until it turns white- for about 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and ginger.
- Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cabbage, carrots and green onions.
- Stir for 2 minutes and remove from heat.
- To serve, spread one side of each tortilla with 2 tsps.
- of Hoi sin sauce, spoon 1/2 cup chicken mixture in centre of each tortilla.
- Fold bottom-up and serve.
Not a bad starter receipe. I shredded the chicken instead of leaving in thick strips. I also added a prepackaged sauce. (I was trying for something similar to a resturant I like.) I think next time I'm going to add things like bamboo and bean sprout.