Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
You can also add in stir-fryed sliced onions if desired, to save time purchase the sliced beef stir-fry strips at your grocery store. If you prefer spicy then add in some dried chili flakes when stir-frying the beef. This recipe is very versatile, you really can add in whatever you desire.
Top Review by Sharon123
This made a very tasty dinner! I used vegetarian "steak" strips, made up green and red cabbage, added 1 carrot, shredded. I actually mixed hoisin sauce in with the cornstarch and water. Thank you Kitten!
- 1 lb sirloin beef (cut into thin strips) or 1 lb flank steak (cut into thin strips)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- black pepper
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced (can use more)
- 3 cups packaged prepared coleslaw mix (or make your own mix)
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 8 medium flour tortillas (warmed)
- 8 tablespoons hoisin sauce (can use more)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 2 -3 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic (can use more or less)
- black pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wrap the tortillas in foil and place in a 200 degree oven to keep warm while preparing the beef.
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add in the beef strips and toss to coat with the marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Drain the beef and discard marinade.
- heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add in sliced mushrooms and fry until the mushrooms loose there moisture and are browned (about 6-8 minutes) remove and transfer to a small bowl.
- Adding in a small amount of oil if needed, add in half the beef strips, then season with black pepper; stir-fry for about 2 minutes, or until the outside of the beef is no longer
- In a small cup or bowl combine the cold water with cornstarch until smooth.
- In the same skillet combine the cooked beef strips, sauteed mushrooms, coleslaw mix, green onions and the cornstarch mixture; cook and stir until the sauce is thickened and bubbly.
- Season with salt if desired.
- Spread about 2-3 tablespoons hoisin sauce on the warm tortillas, the spoon the beef mixture down the center of each tortilla.
- Fold bottom edge over the filling, then fold right side and left side to the center, overlapping.