Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
My mom gave me this recipe because my dad LOVES it. I made it for my family and my daughter now asks for it weekly!
- 453.59 g flank steaks or 453.59 g boneless beef top sirloin steaks or 453.59 g top round steak, cut 3/4 inch thick
- 14.17 g dried shiitake mushroom (We hate mushrooms, so I never add them)
- 709.77 ml packaged coleslaw mix
- 118.29 ml sliced green onion
- 14.79 ml cornstarch, dissolved in 1/4 cup water
- 8 medium tortillas, warmed
- hoisin sauce
- 29.58 ml reduced sodium soy sauce
- 29.58 ml water
- 14.79 ml dark sesame oil
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Soak mushrooms in 1 cup hot water for 20 minutes until soft. Drain well, remove and discard stems. Cut caps into thin strips.
- Cut beef lengthwise into strips.
- Combine marinade ingredients in large bowl.
- Add beef, toss.
- Refrigerate 20 minutes.
- Drain beef. Heat large skillet, add 1/2 of the beef and stir fry for 1-2 min, careful not to overcook. Remove. Repeat with remaining beef. Combine beef, mushrooms, coleslaw mix, green onions and cornstarch mixture in skillet. Cook and stir until sauce is thickened.
- Spread hoisin sauce on tortilla, spoon beef mixture down center.
- Roll and enjoy!