Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I made this recently and even my 9 year old daughter loved it! She has requested it again since then. This is a great recipe for Weight Watchers, Core or Points. It equals 4 points per serving, 2 lettuce cups per serving.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups bok choy, thinly sliced
- 1 sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cups button mushrooms, sliced (about 10)
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 8 leaves bibb lettuce
- cooking spray
- Brown ground beef, onion, ginger and garlic in a skillet on medium heat. Break meat up as it cooks.
- When beef is browned, add bok choy, pepper, mushrooms and soy sauce and cook until bok choy is wilted, about 3-5 minutes.
- Clean and dry bibb lettuce leaves.
- When beef mixture is done, spoon 1/2 cup of beef mixture into each lettuce leaf. Yields 2 filled leaves per serving.
- Serve with extra soy sauce if desired.
Excellent. Fast & Yummy. Used head lettuce which was a pain to not rip leaf, next time will try romaine.
If healthy is your wish, Then this is definately your wish! GREAT way to start 2010, TRUE! Used tamari so was less salty too! Honestly, was lazy, didn't cut capsicum as fine as could be, But you know who was going to notice? ONLY ME! GRABBED camera right away, As being colourful, it brightened my day! Might not be the perfect shot, Added 2 tablespoons hot chilli so it was hot! Added spring onion, did dice! This recipe IS very nice! Thanks! OH, says serves 4, Honestly would think could serve alot more!
Loved it! I had gotten the recipe off of the WW website and was just coming to post it here. To quote DH's words... "Hon, feel free to make this any time you want to!" Even the picky 10 year old loved it. Served with rice for a filling, yummy 8 pt meal!