Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is my version of Alton Brown's Moo-Less Chocolate Pie. It is so easy and the tastiest of desserts! The first time I made it I didn't tell anyone it's made with Tofu. When I finally fessed up they wouldn't believe me! Prep time includes minimum chilling time.
- 2 cups chocolate chips (I use dark chocolate chips)
- 1⁄3 cup coffee liqueur
- 1 (14 ounce) package soft silken tofu
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 chocolate wafer pie crust (I use the premade Oreo crust)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- Place a small metal bowl over a saucepan with simmering water.
- Melt the chocolate and coffee liqueur in the bowl.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Combine the tofu, chocolate mixture, and honey in the blender jar.
- Liquefy until smooth.
- Blend in nuts.
- Pour the filling into the crust and refrigerate for 2 hours, or until the filling is set.
Delicious, no one will know this is tofu unless you tell them! I wanted to decrease the fat, but still have the super rich chocolatey flavor and it worked! Instead of the 2 cups of chocolate chips, I used 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips, 1/4 cup cocoa, 1/2 cup sugar and 1/4 cup water (I added the cocoa and water to the chocolate on the stove). I did not use the nuts. This is a hard to resist thick and rich "mousse" for chocolate lovers!