Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is from Alton Brown on the Food Network. Very Yummy and very easy to make! Cooking time is for chilling pie.
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup coffee liqueur
- 1 (13 ounce) package silken tofu
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 chocolate wafer pie crust
- Over a double boiler or in a microwave, melt the chocolate and coffee liqueur together, stir in vanilla.
- Combine the tofu, chocolate mixture, and honey in a blender jar, liquefy until smooth.
- Pour the filling into the crust and refrigerate for 2 hours, or until the filling is set.
Easy and very good. Fooled my guest who thought tofu is disgusting.
Perfect!! I never would have believed it was tofu. So smooth and creamy and chocolatey...yummy!!
WOW!!!! This is a recipe worthy of 10 stars. It tastes like expensive truffles and has the texture of good mousse. I didn't tell anyone what was in it until after they all were sighing in pleasure and nobody could believe it was tofu. I used semi-sweet chocolate chips since it didn't specify and it has a nice dark chocolate flavor. I wanted to use my new 4 in mini-tart pans, so I just baked regular pie dough in them and filled them with the chocolate filling. Since the filling is so rich I served them with whipped cream on top. This recipe is a definite keeper and I want to experiment with using different liqueurs next time. Maybe some Irish cream or some creme de menth? Mmmmmm.....I can't wait. This is easily my new favorite dessert.