Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
We love stir-fries and this another good one. Be sure to prep all of the ingredients before you start cooking, as the cooking goes very quickly.
- 1 large boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule, instant
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup pea pods, fresh (snow peas)
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 green onions (4 to 6)
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Partially freeze chicken; thinly slice into bite-sized strips.
- In small mixing bowl stir together the water, soy sauce, dry sherry, cornstarch, honey, and instant chicken bouillon granules; mix well.
- Slice the drained water chestnuts; set aside.
- Halve the pea pods crosswise; set aside.
- Slice the mushrooms and the green onion; set aside.
- Grate 2 teaspoons gingerroot; set aside.
- Heat the oil in wok over high heat.
- Add the chicken to wok and stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove chicken.
- Add more oil, if necessary.
- Stir-fry water chestnuts, pea pods, mushrooms, green onions, and ginger for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Return chicken to wok.
- Stir the bouillon mixture and stir into chicken.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Cover and cook 2 minutes more or until heated through.
*So much better than take-out* - and SO easy, especially with the clear, step-by-step instructions. Although this does serve four, the two of us nearly finished it since it was SO good! The only change I made was to marinate the chicken in sesame oil and shao xing (sherry) wine. This makes lots of delicious sauce so be sure to make some rice!
awesome thank you!
We thoroughly enjoyed this as part of a 'take-out' meal last night. Made exactly as directed and it was delicious. Made for Culinary Quest 2014