1/4 Photos of Moo Goo Gai Pan
We love stir-fries and this another good one. Be sure to prep all of the ingredients before you start cooking, as the cooking goes very quickly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule, instant
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup pea pods, fresh (snow peas)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 green onions (4 to 6)
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1Partially freeze chicken; thinly slice into bite-sized strips.
- 2In small mixing bowl stir together the water, soy sauce, dry sherry, cornstarch, honey, and instant chicken bouillon granules; mix well.
- 3Slice the drained water chestnuts; set aside.
- 4Halve the pea pods crosswise; set aside.
- 5Slice the mushrooms and the green onion; set aside.
- 6Grate 2 teaspoons gingerroot; set aside.
- 7Heat the oil in wok over high heat.
- 8Add the chicken to wok and stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes.
- 9Remove chicken.
- 10Add more oil, if necessary.
- 11Stir-fry water chestnuts, pea pods, mushrooms, green onions, and ginger for 3 to 4 minutes.
- 12Return chicken to wok.
- 13Stir the bouillon mixture and stir into chicken.
- 14Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- 15Cover and cook 2 minutes more or until heated through.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moo Goo Gai Pan
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.5
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 17.1 mg
- Sodium 880.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 10.1 g