Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
For zaar world tour. i have 2 different measures of oil depending on how lean you would like your chicken
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 lb mushroom
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup oil or 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄3 cup sliced bamboo shoot
- 3⁄4 cup thinly sliced cabbage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- Sprinkle thinly sliced chicken with 2 teaspoons cornstarch, sherry and pepper; mix well.
- Simmer mushroom in chicken broth 5 minutes; drain, reserving broth.
- Heat oil in wok. 1 tablespoon or 1 cup
- Add chicken and cook until chicken is no longer pink; take out chicken and if cooking with 1 cup of oil drain oil except 1 tablespoon.
- Add mushrooms, bamboo shoots and cabbage.
- Stir fry 2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and sugar.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add chicken.
- Dissolve remaining cornstarch in water and add to wok.
- Cook till thick.
Thank you for noting my request on the forums and suggesting this one - it's an awesome tasting stir fry, just as I expected from a Dienia B recipe. Love the combination, really enjoyed the thinly sliced cabbage. Made as posted and wouldn't change a thing. It's been added to my family favorites cookbook. Thank you Dienia.