Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Moo goo means button mushrooms; gai means chicken; pan means slices. This is a great mildly flavored stir fry.
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger or 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 4 cups fresh broccoli, stems removed
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- Blend corstarch and water in bowl until smooth and set aside.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Stir fry chicken in 1 Tbs oil until no longer pink. Remove from pan.
- Add onion to skillet and stirfry on medium heat 1 minute . Stir in mushrooms and ginger. Cook stirring constantly 2-3 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Add broth and broccoli to skillet. Heat to boiling. Add cornstarch mixture and heat to boiling. Boil one minute and remove from heat. Stir in chicken and serve over rice.