Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I'm not sure if the name is spelled correctly but this is the first dish I tried to (trick) impress my husband with. He thought I could cook...ha...I didn't learn to cook until 7 years later when I found Zaar! But this was very good and he stills remembers it.
- 3 boneless chicken breasts (cut up)
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 3 slices ginger
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock (99% free works)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 lb sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 lb snow peas
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts (drained)
- 1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoots (drained)
- 1⁄4 cup carrot (thin sticks)
- 4 green onions (sliced)
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli, florets (small)
- Preheat Wok.
- Swirl oil around sides.
- When oil is hot add ginger and garlic.
- Brown and then discard.
- Add chicken - cook 4 minutes.
- Combine chicken stock and corn starch.
- Pour over chicken and reduce heat.
- Add all vegetables.
- Cover and simmer about 15 minutes.
- Season with soy sauce and serve over rice immediately.
O.M.G. -- this was wonderful. Amazing. Even the leftovers were wonderful!
We loved this recipe! I have never had moo goo gai pan, so I can't speak to it's authenticity, but this was delicious. DH said it reminded him of the food he ate in Hong Kong when he was there for work. I did add a little garlic chile paste for some heat and a drizzle of sesame oil.
This recipe is perfect. I minced the ginger and garlic, fried it crisp, removed it and then added it back in with the vegetables. I also added bok choy. No more take-out for me.