Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is from Monty's Blue Plate Diner in Madison, WI.
Make and share this Monty's Spinach-Cheese Scones recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄3 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2⁄3 teaspoon cayenne
- 2⁄3 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup frozen spinach, thawed, squeezed dry
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg white
- Preheat the oven to 350 F .
- In a large bowl, blend the dry ingredients.
- Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles cornmeal.
- Blend in the spinach and cheeses.
- In a separate bowl, whip the milk and eggs together.
- Stir egg mixture into the spinach mixture until well-combined.
- Turn onto a floured surface and knead gently.
- Roll the dough out to a one-inch thickness.
- Cut into 3-inch rounds.
- Place rounds on a greased baking sheet and bush with the egg white.
- Bake for 20 minutes.