Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my favorite way to make steak. I like using thick cut New York Strip steak but any good quality steak will do. This recipe works best when marinated overnight. Tender and juicy! Estimated time does not include marinating.
- 2 New York strip steaks, cut thick
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1 -2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- mccormicks McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- Mix soy sauce, Worcestershire, liquid smoke and garlic in a bag or container. Add steaks and turn to coat. Marinate overnight turning once or twice.
- Remove steaks and discard used marinade. Season with Montreal steak seasoning.
- Grill to taste.
I thought the addition of liquid smoke would be great since I was making the steaks on an indoor grill, but I did find it a bit overwhelming. Other than that, a great dish. Thank you.
Loved this!! Haven't had a great steak marinade in a while so this was really great. I made 2 changes because I didnt have exact ingredients on hand. I used dried garlic (1tsp) not fresh and I didn't have the McCormick's Montreal Steak Seasoning so I improvised with Emeril's Original Essence spice. Was amazing. Next time I'll try with the recommended seasoning. I also only was able to marinate for two hours... last minute decision to make... and it was still great!
Thanks for a great dinner!
Delicious and so easy! Thanks for sharing the recipe!