Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A recipe from the cookbook "Ricardo- Meals for every occassion", sent to me by Katzen in the cookbook swap. Ricardo is a well known Canadian Chef. Thankyou Katzen. I haven't tried this recipe yet.
- 2 tablespoons blended mixed peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed
- 1 tablespoon dill seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons coarse sea salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- Use a grinder, coffe grinder or mortar to crush the peppercorns, coriander, dill seeds and pepper flakes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Sprinkle generously on steaks, whole chiken before roasting, or tuna steaks before grilling.
Wonderful and simple to prepare seasoning blend. I sampled a little on a piece of chicken I had for lunch. Can't wait to try it on steaks! I think it would be excellent on broiled french bread, roasted vegetables and so many other dishes as well. Thanks for posting! Made and reviewed for the 44th AUS/NZ Recipe Swap.
A very nice and tasty mix! I love the taste of dill in there. I sprinkled this over toast and it was good! Thanks! Made for Australian Recipe Swap.
I was mixing some other spices this morning so I made up yours as well. I will be using it shortly and will give it stars them. I tasted some on the tip of my finger and it tastes Mmmm